Conditions of participation in the competition
«First element. Earth»
to overcome the value of specific energy density (W*h/l) of the unit 500 (five hundred) W*h/l.
place it on the car platform provided by the contest organizers and take part in the kart racing on a kart track trying to stay on track for at least 3 hours.
REQUIREMENTS TO THE EQUIPMENT OF THE COMPETITION PARTICIPANTS:
- Volume of the power unit (hereinafter referred to as the PU) cannot be more than 150 l. This volume includes a hydrogen cylinder built into the truck platform. The hydrogen cylinder is designed for operation of the PU with 15 kW capacity for 3 hours. .
- The maximum capacity of the power PU is allowed not less than 30 kW. Duration of operation at the maximum capacity is, at least, 10 periods of 3 minutes each.
- The PU should generate constant electric current
- Voltage at the output terminals of the PU should be 96V with the maximum deviation of 5%.
- In no unit of the system the pressure should exceed 300 atm.
- The start time cannot exceed 30 minutes.
- for taking measurements of the start time, the competition participants receive a source of hydrogen fixed by the Organizers and designed for operation of the PU with 15 kW capacity for 3 hours. Excess pressure of the hydrogen source is 0.5 atm. Connector to the fuel source is a quick-release collet fitting with a double seal Camozzi series 8000 for a pipe with an outer diameter of 10 mm. The Participant's PU can have fuel exits in the form of a pipe of the corresponding external diameter or a quick-release fitting for this pipe. Natural air is used as an oxidizer.
- The contestants start the procedure of starting the PU from the storage position (room temperature of all units, fuel supply off, consumers disconnected), inform the Competition Organizer thereof and put it into the operating condition, in which all the subsequent parameters will be measured in the future.
Terms and conditions